This course aims to provide students with a general concept of company secretarial works for a private limited company and to explain its rationale. It is suitable for those who are interested in or currently working in the field.
1. Type and Formation of a Company in Hong Kong 1.1 Articles of Association
2. Post-incorporation of a Company 2.1 First board minutes 2.2 Relevant formalities
3. Share Capital and Allotment of Shares 3.1 Introduction of different classes of shares 3.2 Alteration of share capital
4. Transfer of Shares and Transmission of Shares 4.1 Procedures 4.2 Section 45 relief for intra-group transfer
5. Meetings 5.1 Type of company meetings 5.2 Notice of meetings 5.3 Preparation of resolutions
6. Company Directors, Company Secretary and Auditors 6.1 Duties 6.2 Qualifications 6.3 Appointment and changes
7. Change of Company\'s name, Alternation of Articles of Association, Change of Registered Office and Location of Statutory Records
8. Company Accounts, Annual Return and Application for a Dormant Company 8.1 Disclosure requirement 8.2 Filing requirement
9. Dissolution of a Company 9.1 De-registration 9.2 Winding Up
10. Non-Hong Kong Companies under Part 16 of the Companies Ordinance 10.1 Registration 10.2 Relevant compliance under the Companies Ordinance
11. Introduction to Rules Governing the Listing on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited 11.1 How to become a listed company in Hong Kong (Main Board and GEM Board) 11.2 Continuing obligations of listed companies
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund. The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework.