Prof. Ma Lai-chong, Joyce
ProfessorBSocSc, MSocSc, PhD (HKU); Clinical fellow & Approved Supervisor of the AAMFT; RSW; Co-Clinical Director of the Academy of Family Therapy 3943 7513
- Family therapy and multiple family therapy research
- Mental health with recent focus on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and eating disorders
- Family studies and clinical social work practice and research
- Ma, J. L. C. (2011). Anorexia Nervosa and Family Therapy in a Chinese Context. Hong Kong, China: The Chinese University Press.
- Ma, J. L. C., Xia, L. L. L., Yau-Ng, L. T., & Yiu, C. Y. Y. (2021). Treatment efficacy of multiple family therapy in helping Hong Kong Chinese parents recover from depression. Journal of Family Therapy, 0: 1-2, doi:10.1111/1467-6427.12340.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K., Xia, L. L. (2020). Perceived social support, perception of competence and hope among Chinese children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in a Chinese context: Children’s perspective. Child & Family Social Work. 25: 74-82, https//doi.org/10.1111/cfs.12655.
- Ma, J. L. C., Wong, J. C. Y., & Xia, L. L. (2019). Helping a Chinese depressed adult with high functioning autism to reconnect with his family through structural family therapy. Journal of Family Therapy, 0: 1-18. Doi: 10.1111/1467-6427.12281.
- Ma, J. L. C., Lai, K. Y. C., & Xia, L. L. (2018) Treatment efficacy of multiple family therapy for Chinese families of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Family Process, 57(2), 399-414. Doi:10.1111/famp.12297.
Awards and Honors
- Justice of the Peace (July 2011)
- Faculty Exemplary Teaching Award (2009), Faculty of Social Science, CUHK
- Vice-Chancellor's Exemplary Teaching Award (2009), CUHK
- 2010 Distinguished Alumni, Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong