Dr. Ho Wai-ming, Hannah
LecturerBSSc, MSW, PhD (CUHK); RSW 3943 7843
- Youth work
- School social work
- Clinical family counseling
- Clinical social work supervision in HK and Shenzhen
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Ho, W. M. (2020) ‘Medicating my son to heal my wife and compromise with school’: Paternal accounts of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and medication in Hong Kong. Asia Pacific Journal of Social Work and Development. Online version on 12 June 2020, https://doi.org/10.1080/02185385.2020.1775113
- Ho, H.W. M., Lai, J.L.C., & Lai, K.Y.C. (2020). Power relations in a school context: Resistance of Chinese caregivers of school-aged children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. International Social Work. Online version on 10 March 2020, https://doi.org/10.1177/0020872819896825
- Lau, Y.K. and Ho, W.M. (2018). Family-centered kindergarten social work services in Hong Kong: A pilot project. Asian Social Work Policy Review, 12 (2), 1-11.
- Ho, W.M. (2014). Are rights-based child and adolescent mental health services and policy evident in the Hong Kong Chinese context? American International Journal of Social Science, 3 (4), 26-34.
- Ho, H.W.M. (2019). Paternal accounts of mental health services for children with ADHD in Hong Kong. Paper presentation at the 9th International Conference on Social Work in Health and Mental Health in York, UK, 22-26 July, 2019.
- Ho, H.W.M. (2018). Maternal perspectives of service needs for school-aged children with ADHD and their families in Hong Kong. Paper presentation at the Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development in Dublin, Ireland, 4-7 July, 2018.
- Ho, H. W. M. (2017). Family interaction with ecosystems in Chinese families of children with mental health needs. Paper presentation at the 25th World Family Therapy Congress organized by the International Family Therapy Association in Malaga, Spain, 15-18 March, 2017.
- Ng, K. L. & Ho, H. W. M. (2016). White-haired mourning the dark-haired: The subjective accounts of aged Chinese mothers in facing cancer death of adult child. Paper presentation at the 24th World Family Therapy Congress organized by the International Family Therapy Association in Hawaii, USA, 30 March-2 April, 2016.
- 何慧明，陈煜丹 (2019)。找快乐的孩子--快乐与卓越并行的教养。香港：红出版（青森文化）。
- Lau, Y.K., Ho, W.M., & Lam, T.H. (Dec, 2014). Evaluation research on “Character-based Kindergarten Social Work Service”. Research Report. 69 pgs. Hong Kong: The Boys’ Brigade, Hong Kong.
Sept 2013-Nov 2014. Evaluation research on Character-based kindergarten social work service. PI: Dr. Lau Yuk King; CI: Ho Wai Ming. The Boys' Brigade, Hong Kong.
Awards & Honors
Social Work Supervision Silver Award presented by Shenzhen Association of Social Work in 2011