Prof. Cui Jialiang, Angela
Assistant ProfessorB.S.W. (Peking U), MSSc. (CUHK), Ph.D. (UNSW), R.S.W. (Hong Kong), A.S.W. (Australia) 3943 7504
- Disability Service Design and Delivery
- Empowerment-oriented Mental Health Practice
- Home and Belonging
- Trauma-informed care
- Policy Advocacy
Refereed Journal Articles
- Cui, J., Newman, C. E., Lancaster, K., Mao, L, (2021) Managing interprofessional dynamics to promote client empowerment in mental health practice: Exploring the perspectives of social workers in Sydney and Hong Kong. Journal of Social Work, published online on 28 April 2021, http://doi.10.1177/14680173211009714
- Cui, J., Mao, L, Newman, C. E., Kwan, C. K., Lancaster, K (2020) Managing risk in the pro-empowerment era of mental health care: A cross-cultural study of social work perspectives in Hong Kong and Sydney. The British Journal of Social Work, 51(3), 831-48, https://doi.org/10.1093/bjsw/bcaa232
- Cui, J., Lancaster, K., Newman, C. E. (2019) Making the subject of mental health care: a cross-cultural comparison of mental health policy in Hong Kong, China and New South Wales, Australia. Sociology of Health & Illness, 41(4), 740-754.
- Cui, J., Mao, L, Rose, G., Newman, C.E. (2019) Understanding client empowerment: An online survey of social workers serving people with mental health issues. The British Journal of Social Work, 49(2), 335-350.
- Cui, J. and Xun, K.W. (2017) The implementation of the service performance monitoring system in rehabilitation services in Hong Kong (in Chinese). Disability Research, 3(27), 22-27
- Cui, J. (2015) A summary of social rehabilitation service system for the disabled in Hong Kong (in Chinese). Disability Research, 3(19), 18-22
- Cui, J. and K. W. Xun (2019). Experience and case studies: Care and supportive services for people with disabilities in Hong Kong (in Chinese). Care and Supportive Services for People with Disabilities: Theory and Practice. China Disabled People's Federation. Beijing, Huaxia Publishing House: 239-257.
- Xun, K. W. and Cui, J. (2019). Social work in the services for people with disabilities (in Chinese). Care and Supportive Services for People with Disabilities: Theory and Practice. China Disabled People's Federation. Beijing, Huaxia Publishing House: 209-216.
- Hopwood, M., Cui, J., Chen, C., Brener, L., Broady, T., Cama, E., & Treloar, C. (2019). Hepatitis B-related stigma among Chinese Australians living in Sydney [Summary report]. Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW: Sydney.